Posted March 24, 2018 by Hillingdon Rowing
We took part in 7 head races in the 2017/18 season, in addition to the HoRR. These were:
- Three crews in the Pairs Head of the River on 14th October, being Daichi Ando and Katy Humphris in a Mixed 2x-, Miguel Perez-Milans and Jon Neale in a Masters B/C 2x-, and Matthias Koepp with Ian Bates in a Hillingdon/Bentham composite MasE.2x
- Three crews in the Veterans Fours Head on 11th November, being Sanjiv Odedra, Jon Neale, Peter Willaims and Daichi Ando and a UCL cox in a IM3 4+, Lynda Rapp, Monica Briars, Simon Miller, Brendan Buckley and Ed Marshall (cox) in a Masters A Novice 4+, and Matthias Koepp and Miguel Perez-Milans in a Hillingdon/Bentham composite Masters E 4x-
- Six crews in the Walton Small Boats Head on 9th December, being Daichi Ando in a Novice 1x, Daichi Ando and Callum Foley in a IM3 2-, Oisin Hayes and Harry Heavyside in a J16.A 2x-, Aoife Luscombe and David Potter in a Mixed IM3 2x-, Jon Neale and Pete Williams in a Masters C Novice 2x-, and Matthias Koepp with Ian Bates in a Hillingdon/Bentham composite MasE.2x
- Two crews in the Weybridge Winter Head on 20th January, being Paul Braiden, Monica Briars, Brendan Buckley, Lynda Rapp, Pete Williams, Simon Miller, Ruth Henry, Colette Dowdall and Grace Braiden (cox) in the Mixed Masters A 8+, and Matthias Koepp and Alex Burton in a Hillingdon/Bentham composite MasE.4x-
- An eight in the Quintin Head on 27 January, being Paul Braiden, Simon Miller, Brendan Buckley, Jon Neale, Matthias Koepp, Miguel Perez-Milans, Ian Bates and a UCL cox
Fantastic effort by everyone involved! You’ve all done the club proud. And with all the tideway events we did, this stretch of the Thames, plus the University of London Boat House where we boat from and have tea and bacon sarnies in afterwards, is becoming a real home from home for us all!